I set out in 2016 to make (at least) 3 (new) recipes per week because I wanted to learn new things, broaden my cooking repertoire, and, well, it just sounded like it would be a lot of fun.
2 months/8 weeks/60 days in to 2016 and I've made 34 recipes so far! Not too shabby! And turns out I was right about the lot-of-fun part.
I have managed to choose what have been, in my opinion, the top 4 recipes from the two months, and it surprisingly wasn't hard to pick these ones because they were, well, hands-down awesome. Read my summaries below, and then feast your eyes on the photos.
Leek and Mushroom Boursin Orzo, from Table for Two (original post)
Here is a full round-up of the recipes so far, in the calendar order in which I made them, with links provided for everything available online (otherwise, go buy the cookbook to try it out!). I've also linked to the original Pot Belly Bird blog post where I described my adventures in creating and eating each recipe.
You'll notice that I haven't posted about every single recipe, usually because I don't have any amusing anecdotes to share or because real life just gets in the way (my husband would probably cry "husband abuse" if I completely ignored him for more than the one night a week when I do find time to write these blogs!), but that shouldn't stop you from checking out the recipes I didn't originally post about.
Also, real quick: below is the round-up in **list** form, for those of you who like to read and click. I'm also doing the round-up it in **picture form** HERE, for those of you who like to see photos and click. Either way, I hope you find some recipes to try and enjoy!
Recipe Round-up: January-February 2016
1. Quinoa with Fried Egg and Spinach, from Dinner: A Love Story
2. Lo Mein with Chicken, Broccoli, and Peanut Sauce, from One Pan, Two Plates (original post)
3. Mushroom Stroganoff (slow cooker), from Amuse Your Bouche (original post)
4. Apple Butter Cake with Caramel Sauce, from Midwest Living (original post)
5. Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs, from Five Heart Home (original post)
6. White Bean and Barley Soup with Tomatoes and Greens, from Real Simple (original post)
7. Slow Cooker Mexican Casserole, from Amuse Your Bouche (original post)
8. Linguine with Turkey, Feta, Spinach, and Lemon, from One Pan, Two Plates (original post)
9. Salt Preserved Meyer Lemons, from Northwest Edible Life (original post)
10. Baked Barley Risotto with Butternut Squash, from Real Simple (original post)
11. Slow Cooker Bean and Spinach Enchiladas, from Real Simple (original post)
12. General Tso Chicken, from 101 Cooking for Two (original post)
13. Slow Cooker Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna, from Real Simple
14. Leek and Mushroom Boursin Orzo, from Table for Two (original post)
15. Sweet and Sour Chicken, from Cooking Light magazine
16. Blood Orange-Shrimp Stir-Fry, Food Network Magazine
17. Butternut Squash & Brown Butter Linguine, Rachel Ray magazine
18. Crispy Baked Honey BBQ Wings, from A Night Owl blog (original post)
19. Three Cheese Mini Macs, from Food & Wine (original post)
20. Roasted Chickpeas, from Modern Parents, Messy Kids blog (original post)
21. Spinach Dip made with Greek Yogurt, from Simply Allis blog (original post)
22. Pork Stir-Fry with Lime, Cashews, and Noodles, from One Pan, Two Plates (original post)
23. Mushroom Frittata with Cheddar, Green Onions, and Peas, from One Pan, Two Plates (original post)
24. Shrimp and Farro Soup with Winter Greens, from Real Simple (original post)
25. Old-Fashioned Cornbread, from Gluten Free on a Shoestring blog
26. Roasted Salmon with Crispy Broccoli, Real Simple
27. Three Bean Chili, from Smitten Kitchen (original post)
28. Cornish Hens and Veggies, from The Complete Slow Cooking for Two
29. Cabbage Salad with Apples and Walnuts, from Smitten Kitchen
30. Hot and Sour Soup, from Smitten Kitchen (original post)
31. Slow Cooker Chili, from Clean Green Simple blog (original post)
32. Black Bean Brownies, from Food.com (original post)
33. Swiss Chard and Onion Frittata, from Williams Sonoma Taste blog (original post)
34. Parchment Poached Salmon Pouches, from Simply Gourmet blog (original post)
So. . . all that white space was freaking me out, so let's end with some pictures (the photos below are links to recipes! You're welcome!)
Hi! I'm the creator of Pot Belly Bird, hailing from Spokane, WA. Here in my blog, I'll tell you about all the fun stuff I'm up to in addition to making cards, like cooking or biking or gardening!